Thai Green Curry
This is classic takeaway at home stuff, very easy to make, and hopefully a darn sight healthier. Can be ‘poshed’ up too for date night. If I’m cooking for the week on Sunday, I often just slap this into the pan when I’m finished as it’s light enough to want after staring at onepot feasts for an hour or two
It’s incidentally the recipe I just sent to my younger brother, preparing to cook for a first date…wish him luck!
- 2 green peppers, sliced + 1 onion, diced + 2 limes, 1 zested, 1 squeezed
- 4 chicken fillets + 2/ cups rice
- 3 tbsp Thai green curry paste + 2 tins reduced fat coconut milk + 1 glug olive oil + 1 dash soy sauce
- 1 lemongrass stalk, sliced open + 1 tsp coriander
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan, add paste and lemongrass and stir over high heat for two minutes.
- Reduce heat, add chicken, lime zest and stir. Mix in coconut milk and soy sauce and allow to simmer for about twenty minutes.
- Add coriander, lime juice, onions, peppers and cook for further eight to ten minutes, until thickened.
- Take off heat, rest and serve with rice. Brown if you’re being good, jasmine if not.