Salmon with Pesto Crust
You know those days your lovely OH has spontaneously invited four highly critical friends over for dinner? Like, tonight. And you’ve nothing in the fridge except a half jar of pesto and some nuclear-war resistant parmesan. Check the freezer, if you’ve some fish and a bag of breadcrumbs too, this is a great easy entertaining dish, which looks and tastes great.
This easy-peasy dish looks great, tastes fantastic, but requires about as much effort as forcing Shane McGowan into the pub. Enjoy.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets / 1 half side of salmon + 1 bag breadcrumbs + 1 bowl grated parmesan +1 packet microwave basmati rice
- drizzle olive oil + 1 jar green pesto
- 1 tbsp black pepper
1. Mix breadcrumbs, pesto & parmesan together until paste-y
3. Drizzle olive oil on top, bake in pre-heated oven for thirty minutes at 180
4. Cook asparagus in boiling water for about seven minutes, then remove
4. Serve with basmati rice & pretend you’ve been cooking for hours
Cheese: Parmesan can be expensive, any hard Italian cheese will really do, it’s just to add that tang
Rice: When serving the rice, plonk into ramekins and turn upside down on the plate, top with a sprig of whatever green stuff is still growing on your shelf (parsley, basil, etc.) the presentation is far better, but it only takes thirty seconds.